Tuesday 10 March 2009

My friend Bouk!

In April 2005 I was having a coke with some friends in Michael Collins pub when I met Bouk. Since that day, Bouk has become one of my best friends because he is the most funniest person I have ever know.
He has travelled all over the world and, although he is Dutch he speaks a perfect English. He has been in England many times and when he travels he needs to use English to communicate with other people.
Boudewijn Anne Joseph (this is his full name) arrived to Barcelona in 2002. He is going to stay here for a long time, depending on how his life goes.
Bouk came to Barcelona to enjoy himself. He had studied mechanical engineering and he wanted to travel in order to find a good job anywhere. Nowadays he is working in a technical commercial company near “plaça Tetuán” and living alone in a flat in Canyelles. He had shared his flat several times but now he lives alone.
He loves Barcelona, admires Barcelona’s nature, beaches and mountains. I know he is a good dancer and an authentic “casanova”.
When he came to Barcelona for the first time, he felt in love with a girl. He came to Barcelona 5 times in the same year but when love stopped, the travelling stopped.
Bouk speaks Spanish and understands Catalan. I wanted to know about English at his country.
In The Netherlands people speaks English, but it is not an official language. There is only an official language in The Netherlands, with many dialects. Bouk speaks English perfectly; he uses it for everything and does not have any problem when he has to speak with someone using this language.
I would like to speak English as he does but I have to practise a lot. Sometimes when all my friends are together we practise our English but at the end we finish speaking Spanish because some of them don’t understand English.
I know the best way to improve my English should be going abroad for a year but this is something very difficult for me because all my life is here, in Barcelona.

No comments: