Tuesday 10 February 2009

Stereotypes and nationalities!!

In Spain, we are said to be reliable. It means that we are usually talking with unknown people at discotheques, pubs, etc. in order to know them, have fun and flirt. Spain is known due to its paella, ham and bullfighting. This is a mistake, a bad stereotype about Spain. We sometimes eat pizza and ham, but not as something usual. Bullfighting isn’t our preferred “sport” though.

In USA, a lot of people are over weighted. In my opinion, a reason for that could be because they usually eat at fast food’s restaurants. This is why they don’t have a healthy diet and have problems with their weight.

In France for example, men are really romantic. It is also said that they love champagne, but I don’t know if they drink a lot of this drink or not.

Italians love pasta, pizza and football. Football is the most common/famous sport of this country, like in Spain. In my opinion, the Italian diet is the healthiest and the most balanced diet in the world, like here in Spain too.

German people are intelligent, bigheaded and strict. When they come to Spain, on holidays, in Mallorca, they are always making noise and getting into trouble; although I think this is something normal because they only want to have fun and alcohol could make people change or even put you in a bad mood.

English people are really punctual. They love tea and they don’t usually drink coffee. In Spain we are always late. We should learn about English people.
Do you agree with me?

3 comments:

Nuria Vidal said...

What a danger to write about stereotypes the way you do. I'd love all the class to comment on this piece of writing! I'll let them know!

Well done! I can only detect one mistake:

-When they come to Spain, ON holidays,

Sand in my shoes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sand in my shoes said...

I disagree with your point of view. I consider myself a romantic person and I'm not French, I love pasta and pizza and I'm not Italian, I hate football and I'm from Spain!! Next year, we will read a book about english habits and I think it will help us to understand them. It's just an honest opinion.
See you!